Edmond Scientific Company brings to your organization specialized expertise in the development of Health Information Technology (HIT) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) interoperability and interchange standards for clinical information sharing. Our insight and expertise in standards development, testing and harmonization is recognized in the standards community.
Edmond’s extensive work in standards development is exemplified in the following areas:
- Development and migration to production of standards for multi-entity integration through the National Health Information Network (NHIN).
- Standards analysis and testing and interoperability testing.
- Harmonization of conflicting standards, profiles and methods for major organizations, including the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and its International Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS), the International Standards Organization (ISO), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Systems (OASIS), Object Management Group (OMG), and World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Technical support, analysis and insight for the development of standards, such as the Federal Registry HITSP TP20 standard for interoperability between healthcare enterprises.
Edmond’s Standards Expertise
Catastrophic data breaches are an unfortunate aspect of today’s increasingly technology-supported healthcare ecosystem. Edmond’s expertise in data protection encompasses:
- OASIS XSPA – Edmond helped co-author OASIS XSPA Profiles for Healthcare of SAML, WS-TRUST, and XACML
- HITSP TP20
- AHLTA Data
- OASIS, HITSP Organization Member
- Electronic Health Records Information Infrastructure
- HL7 Conformance
- HL7 Version 3
- HL7 Modeling and Methodology co-chair
- HL7 Technical Steering Committee member
- Medicaid Information Technology Architecture –MITA- Information Architecture Review Board
- HL7 2.x and 3.0, CDA, IHE Extensive domain expertise in standard-based healthcare integration