Chantilly, Virginia (November 2017) – Edmond Scientific Company (ESC) received an award for research and development (R&D) of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Enhanced/Explosive (CBRNE) defense systems, capabilities, equipment, supplies and material; and development and production of future CBRNE defense capabilities. The Joint Enterprise Research, Development, Acquisition and Production/Procurement (JE-RDAP) contract covers all phases of DOD CBRNE defensive systems development, from Materiel Development Decision (MDD) through Materiel Solution Analysis Phase, Technical Maturation/Risk Reduction (TMRR) Phase, Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) Phase, and the Production and Deployment (P&D) Phase. The contract also covers not just research, design, development, and manufacture of these systems, but integration of systems/capabilities with both CBRNE and non-CBRNE systems and information systems.
Edmond Scientific’s JE-RDAP award will extend our expertise in:
- Conducting basic and applied R&D in CBRN Medical Countermeasure Systems (MCMs) to include biomarker, biological identification, and FDA-approved diagnostic systems,
- CBRNE information systems including providing an “end-to-end”, easily accessible
set of CBRN enterprise capabilities
- Providing subject matter expertise (SME) in regulatory affairs supporting MCM development pathways and FDA regulatory policy
- Providing scientific support and SME in pre-clinical support of early stage drug development products optimized through Phase 1 for antimicrobials including nontraditional antimicrobial approaches to include:
- Vaccine and MCM candidates
- Animal models
- Assay development and validation; product potency, stability, immunogenicity testing in translational and clinical trials
- Safety and efficacy evaluation of vaccines
- Supporting nonclinical product development
- Providing SME in pharmaceutical manufacturing, including scale-up manufacturing of an R&D program for a MCM in order to meet the operational requirements of the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD)
- Providing scientific support and SME in technology transfer and partnering with industry
For more information, please contact us. For scientific staff, please send your resume through our career portal.